Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thrifted Finds: Too Good Not To Share

Every winter, the blues hit me really hard. I am trying to read books to lift my spirits and am reading Simple Abundance which was a birthday gift from one of my dearest friends, Renee and doing positive things. Going to the thrift store really helps me because as we all know, retail therapy is probably cheaper than therapy anyway! I go to one near my house and the volunteers there are all so friendly, mostly retired teachers who I know by name. I was having one of those days when I decided to stop by, even though I had already visited it a few days ago.

I check out the shoe section first and I saw these, waiting for me.


They were brand new, their soles unscuffed. Size 37.5. My size. The universe was smiling at me. I picked it up without even trying them on and when I went to pay for it, the lady exclaimed what a find it was for $12. Yes folks. Once the cashier made the announcement, other women came running up to see this and they wanted to know if other sizes were available in the thrift store too. It made me smile!

I went back yesterday and two ladies who were shoppers recognise me as the "Jimmy Choo lady". You know why I love this shop, because the shoppers are amazing and friendly too!

1 comment: