Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome The Year Of The Rabbit

I am missing my family back in Malaysia - they have had their reunion dinner last night and this morning, even as I type this, they are heading out with the extended family, a tradition we have followed long before I was born (and that was 40 years ago) to have their first meal of the day together.

To all celebrating the Chinese New Year, here is a direct Cantonese translation, which I thought was most apt:

Wishing you all,
Bunny Arrive Work Done,
Step Step High Rise,
Year Year Got Fish - (prosperity message here!)
One Road Smooth Wind,
Out In Flat Safe,
Smile Mouth Long Open,
Hear Think Work Done,
Dragon Horse Sperm God,
Gong Xi Fatt Cai!

1 comment:

  1. Hoppy Bunny year to you too! Do you give out angpows to the boys? That's a tradition which I'm sure they would love to follow ;-)

    ReplyDelete