Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One Shoulder Knit Dress

As I have been away all summer and missing my sewing supplies, I have been dying to get into some sewing since I returned about 2 weeks ago. I saw this pattern on DixieDIY and was encouraged by the comments on how quick and simple it was to make.

I don't have much experience sewing with knits but if you follow Dixie's thorough instructions, you can be the proud owner of a new dress. I love wearing clothes that I make myself - which is not many, but it is something I hope to change because it is so rewarding.

I dropped by the thrift store where there is always an abundance of fabric and snapped up 8 yards of mint knit for $8. I only used about 2 yards of it. I followed all her instructions except that I did not hem the bottom of the skirt. I tried that but it ended up all wavy and spoilt the line of the skirt. In the end, I just cut it away.

Thank you Dixie, I look forward to making another dress with this pattern. It took me 2 hours from start to finish. Hop over to her website to check out her other wonderful creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment