Monday, September 19, 2011

Union Jack Bed For Boy's Room

Since I am on a painting blitz, I bought these two maple twin beds at a garage sale in the spring. They sat in my garage for months, waiting to be transformed.


 I dismantled the bed, sanded all the parts. Here, I have only taken photos of the headboard, which is where most of the work is done.


.
I found this really useful website teaching you how to draw a British flag accurately.


I placed it against the bed and marked out the lines. 




 It is almost finished, I just need to get some super fine brushes to paint in the lines where the bleeding from paint came through. Then I am off to sell it on Craiglist. I hope to do it before next week. Wish me luck.


2 comments:

  1. Grace-
    I love having a chance to see what you do!
    And thanks for the encouragement to press into projects! I have been discouraged after many years and many unfinished attempts at things. Your photos give me a bit of a push.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is perfect! You're so good! The flag is a fantastic idea for the head board

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete