Monday, June 14, 2010

End Of Year Teacher Gifts

This is not a new idea, I did it last year when James left SAS but it was such an easy project to do that I did not hesitate to do it again this year.

I got the boys to draw a portrait of their teachers, with much cajoling and persuasion. Then, I scanned them and resized them on Photoshop.
I had them originally printed at another company but it was less than satisfactory when I received it. For one thing, it was too small, somehow I always knew it was 4.5 inches by 5.5 inches but when I got it, it was too small. So I designed it myself on Photoshop, using free children's fonts and their pictures of the teachers.

At Fedex, I asked them to photocopy 50 sheets each at 8" by 6" and they put the glue and pad on. It came up to about $6 each.


Then, I had some ribbons which I scored at Joann's on the weekend for 50% off and put them all together.


I used the hot glue gun to stick the ribbon together.  In the picture above, the smaller pad is the "mistake" that I made with the sizing but it worked out well to have two pads for the teachers. It has been such a great year for the boys.  They have survived a change in culture, country and schooling system. They have made so many friends and we are ever so grateful how easy it has been for them to just settle into life here. I know I will miss aspects of this school but looking forward to the future!

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat! What a blessing it is to be their teacher :-)

    ReplyDelete